All healthcare facility employees are required to wear a face mask and visitors are highly encouraged to wear a face mask.
When you arrive at the clinic for your appointment please come on in and check in with the front desk. If you or anyone with you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea) please do not enter the building, call the front desk to check in.
Can I be tested for Sars CoV2 (COVID19) through Mat-Su Midwifery & Family Health?
Yes. We are able to collect specimens and send them through Quest Diagnostics for evaluation (though there may be a more affordable alternative for those without insurance, so please let us know if this applies to you and we will refer you elsewhere). Please stay home and self-quarantine until your test results are back.
Should I still come to my appointment if I or a family member are currently sick?
Please let us know ASAP! We will help you determine if we need to reschedule your appointment or if your appointment can be moved to telehealth (if it is not already). We are conducting most of our sick visits via telehealth initially.
Can I let my children play in the waiting room during our visit?
Unfortunately, no. We have removed all toys from the waiting room and are asking people to social distance themselves
until they are taken back to an exam room.
I am at high risk for severe complications related to COVID19, should I come into the clinic?
Ideally, we’d love to see you via telehealth! Please still make an appointment with us, we’d love to see you!
Can I get a medical mask exemption?
Mask exemptions are given in rare incidences and should be discussed further with your individual practitioner.
Online COVID19 resources:
- Self-checker for patients: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html#symptom-checker
- Institute of Functional Medicine COVID information (including supplements, lifestyle for prevention and treatment): https://info.ifm.org/covid-19
- What to do if you are sick (information on symptoms, isolation/quarantine, confirmed COVID): http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/Pages/COVID-19/Sick.aspx
Local COVID19 resources:
- Mat Su Health Foundation (General resources, testing sites, business grants, etc): https://www.healthymatsu.org/coronavirus-covid-19-resources
- Connect Mat Su (Assesses needs, referrals, social connection): https://www.healthymatsu.org/connect-mat-su-2
- Mat Su Borough (locals statistics, grant resources, service locator): https://matanuska-susitna-borough-coronavirus-covid-19-msb.hub.arcgis.com/
- LINKS resource center (general information, grocery delivery, resources for children and families, resources for people with disabilities, mental/behavioral health): http://linksprc.org/covid-19-resources/
We know COVID19 has caused a lot of stress, challenges and changes (likely unwanted) but we remain open and here for you! Please reach out to us with any questions. We appreciate your help in limiting any exposures for our most vulnerable patients and staff.
For more information about our practice, to schedule a complementary midwife meet and greet, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call today at 907-373-3420. We will be in touch as soon as possible!